Friday 7 October 2011

Never gonna dance again

So last night in my neve-ending quest to find a form of exercise that I will actually stick to, I went to a Salsa class.




The problem with classes like these is that you need a partner and that there are considerably less men than women.

Even if you were to bring you own male partner, he would be drafted in to dance with all the ladies, so that every so often you will find yourself dancing with someone who you would rather not.

Speaking of ladies, the instructor said "ladies" so many times that it doesn't even sound like a word to me any more.

In the "beginners" section there were about 10 women and 2 men plus the instructor. Who could have done with some mouthwash. Or gum.

One of the guys had terrible, sweaty hands. As soon as the class was over, my sister was all - "Infection control! I need alsohol sanitiser!". The other was incredibly smug. The type of guy who thinks that he's all that, but really isn't.

He thought he had mastered the steps and was dancing well. He was out of step.

In all fairness, I am not the most co-ordinated of people. As soon as stop thinking about what I'm doing with my feet, it all goeas horribly wrong. And that's only when I'm walking!

At an hour and a half the class was far too long. I started to get bored after the hour mark and was mostly going through the motions.

On the whole, I think I prefer running. At least I don't have to touch anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment